Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Barcelona international triathlon - Neil Eddy

Barcelona international triathlon

Sunday 16th oct

Neil Eddy from cycle logic recently competed in Barcelona international elite triathlon against some of the best triathletes in the world. With a fantastic setting and the sun rising the race began with a shortened 1500m swim due to the surf conditions for the 6000 age group competitors that followed the elite race. Following this a 40km flat cycle around the streets of Barcelona I found myself in the case pack, entering the run only a couple of minutes behind the leaders. Going into the race I thought that the run would be my weaker leg due to a long season and training relaxing, but infact the best run of my year. I found myself running alone for 6 of the 10km. Finishing in an impressive 14th position out of 58 professional athletes in a time of 1.52 and one of my performances of the year.
Also in the age group races from my group trip,  organiser nick brooks finished in an impressive 272 out of 3000 competitors with a finishing time of 2.19 And Ben Hoadley finished 492 out in a time of 2.24.